If you’re in the Philadelphia area, you’ve likely heard the last name Amaro. Dave’s bother Ruben, as of this post, is the GM of the Philadelphia Phillies. Dave Amaro runs an extremely successful baseball organization known at the Philadelphia Bandits Baseball Club. Success comes in many forms, and what the Bandits are Dave are most known for is producing top caliber student-athletes. Not just students of the game, but students in the classroom, and life in general. Baseball scholarships do not come in the form of “full athletic rides,” but Dave’s Bandits club has saved parents thousands of dollars each year by prepping players to become the most well rounded student-athletes they can be, many times over resulting in academic scholarships. In this episode, we get into that and:
- How important academics are in the recruiting process
- What happens to your chances if you have less-than stellar grades in school
- Showcases: To attend or not attend?
- What showcases should you and attend and why
- The difference between a showcase player and a real baseball player
- What you can do as a player OR Coach to get noticed or get your kids noticed.
- When the top recruiting season is Spring vs Summer or Fall?
- What NOT to do when contacting a college/university yourself
- Choosing a school that fits YOU
- And much, much more!
What other questions do you have regarding college baseball recruiting? Leave me and Dave a comment below?